Monday, February 22, 2010

So... The Journey Commences.

Today was a hectic coffee-infused day in which I was inundated with A LOT of information.  The day itself didn't go that fast, but the mouths of the teachers certainly did as they attempted to fill our brains with many years worth of photographic history and information in a very short space of time.  I commend them for their efforts!  Kudos to Silvia for getting the "PHOT158 Intro. to Visual Culture" reading bricks to each class by the end of the day.

Sadly, I missed out on most of the orientation days last week due to a terrible bout of whooping cough, so I was unable to make it to the field trip to the Botanical Gardens.

I did, however, manage to get a rather spectacular nature shot in my backyard that I am rather proud of.  It is of a dragonfly drowned in a pool of water caused by the rain with what could only be described as a "baby dragonfly" attached to it.  I found it lying in a clothes basket on my back deck and I rushed to get my camera.  Because of the reflection from the water, I had to fiddle around with the settings on my camera to get a good shot.  I even had to touch the damn thing.

I ended up making two different versions of the same picture; one of which is hardly touched up and is a realistic portrayal of the scene, and another that I played around with to give it a more "ethereal" quality. Here are the end results: 





    

No comments:

Post a Comment